Star Senior Citizen Red Carpet Plan
Star Health’s Senior Citizen Red Carpet Insurance Plan is a complete health insurance policy for the senior citizen that covers medical costs due to any ailment, disease, sickness, injury or accidents. Senior Citizens require coverage at all times, and thus it becomes essential for them to have an appropriate health insurance policy. This plan is very successful because it covers pre-existing conditions after the first year. Senior citizen health insurance means a policy that offers coverage only for citizens age between 60 years and 75 years or according to the insurance company. This insurance policy is a necessity for senior citizens because this insurance policy provides finical support at the time of emergency hospitalization. A senior citizen has a limited source of income such as a pension, FDs, etc. Health expenses can be a huge liability because at this age there are a lot of health problems. The best solution to these problems is Senior Citizen Health Insurance Policy or Senior Citizen Mediclaim. A sudden medical emergency can result in a financial crisis and they burn your hole savings.
Highlights of Star Senior Citizen Red Carpet Plan
- Star senior citizen red carpet plan offers coverage for the Individual or Family Floater Policy of 2 adults.
- Senior Citizens between the ages of 60 to 75 years.
- Get free health check-up up to Rs.4,500 once every three years of policy coverage
- All day-care procedures are covered
- No pre-policy medical check-up required
- Offers coverage for pre-existing conditions after one year of the waiting period
- Covers for any medical consultations as an Out Patient in a Network Hospital
- Available with greater Sum Insured coverage up to Rs.25 Lakhs
- Lifetime Renewability
- Tax benefits on the premium paid as per the prevailing income tax rules
Star Senior Citizen Red Carpet Plan
|Entry Age||60 years to 75 years|
|Policy Type||Individual and Family Floater|
|Family Size||2 A|
|Sum Insured Options For 1 A||2Lac / 3Lac / 4Lac / 5Lac / 7.5Lac / 10Lac / 15 Lac / 20 Lac & 25 Lac|
|Sum Insured Options For 2 A||10Lac / 15 Lac / 20 Lac & 25 Lac|
|Policy Period||1 Year|
|Renewal Guarantee||Life Long|
|Renewal Grace Period||30 days|
Features of Star Senior Citizen Red Carpet Plan:
- Day Care Treatments
The plan covers the expenses towards All day-care procedures. That don’t require 24 hours of hospitalization.
- Pre Hospitalization Expenses
Pre hospitalization expenses mean that the type of expenses incurred before a patient is admitted to a hospital for inpatient treatment. Pre-hospitalization covers 30 days before hospitalization.
- Post Hospitalization Expenses
Post hospitalization expenses are referring to those medical expenses which we incurred for the follow up treatment for which you were hospitalized. Post-hospitalization covers between 7% of sum insured for nursing, surgeon/consultant fees, diagnostic expenses, drugs cost only and max- Rs.10000.
- Free Health Check up
- Free health check-up for Individual Plan-
This plan offers health check-up benefits at every claim free year. This benefit is applicable for the sum insured in the range for 5 Lac – Rs.1000; 7.5 Lac – Rs.1000; 10Lac – Rs.2000 ;15 Lac – Rs.2000; 20 Lac – Rs.2500 ;25 Lac – Rs.2500
- Free health check-up for Floater Plan-
This plan offers health check-up benefits at every claim free year. This benefit is applicable for the sum insured in the range for Per Person of 10 Lac – Rs. 2000/ 3500; 15 Lac – Rs. 2000/3500 ;20 Lac – Rs. 2500/ 4500; 25 Lac – Rs. 2500/ 4500
- Emergency Ambulance
This benefit is applicable for the sum insured in the range for Rs.600 to Rs.1200 up to 4 Lac, 5Lac to10 Lac Rs.1000 to Rs.2000 & 15Lac to 25 Lac Rs.1500 to Rs.3000.
Benefits of Star Senior Citizen Red Carpet Plan:
- Professional Fees including specialist’s fee – Surgeon, Anesthetist, Medical Practitioner, Consultant, Specialist Fees – MAX 25 % of SI (Per Hospitalization)
- Other Medical Expenses like- Anesthesia, Blood, Oxygen, OT Charges, Surgical Appliances, Medicines and Drugs, Diagnostic Materials, X-ray, Diagnostic Imaging, Dialysis, Chemotherapy, Radiotherapy, Pacemaker, Stent etc. Max 50% of SI (Per Hospitalisation)
- Tax Benefits
Terms & Conditions in the Star Senior Citizen Red Carpet Plan:
This plan has a room-rent limit of up to 1 % of sum insured up to a maximum of Rs.10,000.
This plan has a room-rent limit of up to 2 % of sum insured for 10 Lac & 15 Lac and actual for 20 Lac & 25 Lac.
Co pay for claims on Pre-Existing Disease
This plan has pre-existing disease based co-pay equal to 50% Co-pay applied on all PED Claims.
Co-pay for Claims on other than PED Claims
This plan has claims on other than ped claims-based co-pay equal to 30% Co-pay applied on all Non-PED Claims.
Co-pay for Claims on PED Claims
This plan has claims on PED claims-based co-pay equal to 30% Co-pay applied on all Non-PED Claims
Waiting Period in Star Senior Citizen Red Carpet Plan:
30 days waiting Period
For any disease contracted by the insured that are not applicable to hospitalisation arising out of Accident.
12 months waiting Period
Pre-Existing Diseases (PED) declared in Proposal, Accepted and Endorse in Policy.
24 months waiting Period
Veins Ulcers, Hernia, Fistula/Fissure, Congenital internal Disease -For full list refer Product Boucher.
Permanent Exclusions in the Star Senior Citizen Red Carpet Plan:
- Attempted suicide
- Use of alcohol or drug
- Congenital disease
- Naturopathy treatment
- Infertility and in vitro fertilization.
- Hospitalization out of war, riot, strike and nuclear weapons
Documents for Star Senior Citizen Red Carpet Plan:
- Filled in a Proposal form
- Pass Port Size Colour Photo
- Age proof of each family member
- Address proof
- Bank Details of Proposer
Premium for Star Senior Citizen Red Carpet Plan:
|STAR HEALTH AND ALLIED INSURANCE CO. LTD|
|SENIOR CITIZEN PLAN 1A|
|S.I.||1 YEAR||2 YEAR||3 YEAR|
|2 LAC||Rs. 9,978.00||Rs. 19,305.00||Rs. 28,503.00|
|3 LAC||Rs. 15,222.00||Rs. 29,453.00||Rs. 43,477.00|
|4 LAC||Rs. 18,291.00||Rs. 35,388.00||Rs. 52,245.00|
|5 LAC||Rs. 21,240.00||Rs. 41,094.00||Rs. 60,664.00|
|7.5 LAC||Rs. 24,780.00||Rs. 47,943.00||Rs. 70,776.00|
|10 LAC||Rs. 26,550.00||Rs. 51,365.00||Rs. 75,833.00|
|15 LAC||Rs. 34,462.00||Rs. 66,670.00||Rs. 98,430.00|
|20 LAC||Rs. 38,598.00||Rs. 74,676.00||Rs. 1,10,242.00|
|25 LAC||Rs. 42,462.00||Rs. 82,152.00||Rs. 1,21,280.00|
|SENIOR CITIZEN PLAN 2A|
|S.I.||1 YEAR||2 YEAR||3 YEAR|
|10 LAC||Rs. 45,135.00||Rs. 87,320.00||Rs. 1,28,909.00|
|15 LAC||Rs. 58,587.00||Rs. 1,13,345.00||Rs. 1,67,330.00|
|20 LAC||Rs. 65,620.00||Rs. 1,26,950.00||Rs. 1,87,419.00|
|25 LAC||Rs. 72,187.00||Rs. 1,39,653.00||Rs. 2,06,170.00|