Health Insurance Plans for Heart Patients
Cardiac Health Insurance
Health insurance for Heart Patients means that type of insurance policy that provides coverage to the Heart patients. Cardiac Health insurance policy covers both the hospitalisation, whether a patient is admitted due to cardiac related health issues or admitted for any other health issues means (non- cardiac) problem. After a heart attack you cannot buy health insurance it means cardiac related issues is an exclusion in health insurance. Some health insurance companies have special plans for Heart Patients that covers cardiac related issues. This insurance plan includes any medical emergency which arises due to cardiac related issues. Cardiac health insurance plan makes sure that it provides proper medical treatment to an insured person without worrying at the time of finical emergency. Cardiac health insurance plan is the best key to full fill the heavy hospital bills at the time of hospitalisation. Cardiac insurance policy helps in financial emergencies. Health care costs have increased drastically over few years and any medical treatment can burn your hole savings but with the help of these special health Cardiac insurance plans, an individual can get extra financial support even after a first heart attack.
What is Covered under a Cardiac Health Insurance Policy?
- Room Expenses at the time of hospitalisation
- ICU Expenses at the time of hospitalisation
- Covers Expenses of cardiac
- Pre-hospitalization Expenses
- Post-hospitalization Expenses
- Day care treatment
- Ambulance Charges
- Packages for treatments
- Tax Rebate
What is Not Covered under a Cardiac Health Insurance Policy?
- Claim raised within the 30 days period of the health insurance policy (except accidental case).
- Treatment and expenses incurred due to routine medical check-ups.
- Treatment/surgery is done for gender reassignments or for gender change.
- Treatment is undertaken abroad
- The policy does not cover for certain illnesses like hernia, cataract, sinusitis, etc. during the first 2 years of the policy.
- Certain expenses are not included under this plan like the cost of hearing aid, eye lens, spectacles, etc.
- Treatments for health worries caused by alcoholism and drugs are not included
- Sexually transmitted diseases.
Features of Cardiac Health Insurance
- Cardiac health insurance provider covers all medical expenses related to cardiac or non-related cardiac issues at the time of hospitalization based on the premium paid.
- This policy covers Day care treatment
- Offers tax benefits under section 80D of the Income Tax act.
- Financial protection for medical expenses like surgery costs, doctors’ consultation charges, emergency ambulance charges, laboratory tests, etc.
- Financial protection for room and ICU expenses at the time of hospitalisation
- Pre- hospitalization expenses are covered under this insurance policy
- Post- hospitalization expenses are covered under this insurance policy
- Accidental cover from the first day of the policy
Benefits of Cardiac Health Insurance
- Room rent – Room expenses at the time of hospitalisation. There is no capping on room rent you can get single a/c room.
- ICU Expenses – Actual charges without capping at the time of hospitalisation
- Waiting period for Cardiac – There are only 90 days waiting period for cardiac related issues.
- Pre-hospitalization Expenses – Expenses before hospitalisation are covered
- Post-hospitalization Expenses – Expenses after hospitalisation are covered
Things to check before buying Cardiac Health Insurance
- Cardiac health insurance plan you are choosing
- Basic coverage under a cardiac health plan
- Claim Settlement Ratio of the company
- Premium they are offering
- Ask for the maximum renewal age
- Flexibility to increase the sum assured of a cardiac health plan
- Get hassle-free claim settlement
- Avail seamless cashless hospitalization
Cashless Mediclaim Policy for Heart Patients
It means that the insured don’t have to spend any amount on hospital bills. You just have to show your health insurance card and all the expenses will be paid by your health insurance company. Cashless facility is available only in the network hospitals. The health insurance company should have to tie up with the hospital, only then you can avail the cashless feature.
Why health insurance is important for Heart Attack Patients
- Now a day’s medical expenses are very high.
- Day by day decrease in savings
- Unexpected financial problems, unexpected expenses
- Increased weakness and medical illnesses
- You get a health insurance policy after one heart attack
- For the best medical treatment
- Health insurance policy is important for heart patients
Can I Get Heats Insurance After Heart Attack?
Compare Family Floater Health Insurance and Cardiac Care Health Insurance
*Above compression is based on star family health Optima & star Cardiac Care Health Insurance
Compare Individual Health Insurance and Cardiac Care Health Insurance
*Above compression is based on star comprehensive health policy & star Cardiac Care Health Insurance
Compare Senior Citizen Health Insurance and Cardiac Care Health Insurance
*Above compression is based on star senior citizen red carpet & star Cardiac Care Health Insurance