Star Super Surplus Insurance Policy
Star super surplus insurance policy means that type of insurance that offers coverage in case the sum insured of your current medical insurance policy gets exhausted at the time of hospitalization. Basically, this insurance policy provides additional coverage offered by health insurance companies at the time of medical emergency. This insurance policy is also known as an add on policy or backup policy. This policy has lots of additional benefits at the lowest premium. It offers wider protection at a lesser price. The policy is available for both individual and family floater basis.
Highlights of Star Super Surplus Insurance Policy
- A top-up policy provides a higher sum insured at an affordable premium
- There is no need of a pre-policy medical check-up before buying the policy
- The policy can be taken on individual and family floater basis
- The policy offers two plans: Silver and Gold
- Lifelong renewals
- All day care procedures are covered
- Tax benefits on the premium paid as per the prevailing income tax rules
Star Super Surplus (Silver and Gold)
|About of the policy||This is a top-up policy with floater sum insured having Sliver & Gold Plan options|
|Entry Age||18 years to 65 years|
|Entry Age of – Dependent Children||91days – 25 years|
|Policy Type||Individual and Family Floater|
|Family Size||1A, 2A, 2A+1C, 2A+2C, 2A+3C, 1A+1C, 1A+2C, 1A+3C|
|Policy Period||1 Year|
|Renewal Guarantee||Life Long|
|Pre Policy Medical Check up||Not Required|
|Renewal Grace Period||30 days|
Features of Star Super Surplus Insurance Policy:
|Plan Name||Silver Plan||Gold Plan|
|Features||Sum Insured (Rs. In Lakhs)||10 L||5L / 10L / 15L / 20L / 25L|
|Deductible & Defined Limits (Rs. In Lakhs)||3L / 5L (Deductible)||3L / 5L / 10L (Defined limit)|
|Key Difference between Silver Plan & Gold Plan||Payable when covered medical expenses exceed the deductible for every hospitalization||Payable when the aggregate of covered medical expenses exceed the defined limit in a policy year|
|Coverage||Silver Plan||Gold Plan|
|Basic Covers||In-patient Hospitalization||Room Rent – Up to Rs.4,000/- per day||Room – Single Standard AC Room|
|ICU Charges, Doctor Fees, Diagnostic Tests, Drugs & Medicines||Covered up to Sum Insured||Covered up to Sum Insured|
|Day Care Procedures||All day care procedures are covered||All day care procedures are covered|
|Pre-Hospitalization||30 days||60 Days|
|Post-Hospitalization||60 days||90 Days|
|Road Ambulance||Not available||Rs.3,000/- Per hospitalization|
|Air Ambulance||Not available||Covered up to 10% of Sum Insured (available for SI of Rs.10 Lakh and above)|
|Organ Donor Expenses||Not available||Covered up to Sum Insured|
|Additional Covers||Recharge||Not available||Defined Limit (in Rs.)||Recharge Limit (in Rs.)|
|Option for Migration||Not available||Available after 5 continuous policy years|
|Medical Second Opinion||Not available||Available:- email@example.com|
|Delivery Expenses||Not available||Covered up to Rs.50,000/- per policy year (waiting period 1 year)|
|Waiting Period||Initial waiting period (not applicable for Accidents)||30 days||30 days|
|For Specific diseases||24 months||12 months|
|For Pre-existing diseases||36 months||12 months|
Benefits of Star Super Surplus Insurance Policy:
- Tax benefits
- Life long renewal
- Pre policy medical check-up is not required
- 12 months wating period for pre-existing disease
Terms & Conditions:
This plan has age-based co-pay equal to 10% co-payment applicable for Gold Plan if the insured age at entry is above 60 years (if they purchase the policy after 60 years).
2. Waiting Period
Waiting period of 30 day, 12 months.
- Attempted suicide
- Use of alcohol or drug
- Congenital disease
- Infertility and in vitro fertilization.
Documents for Star Super Surplus Insurance Policy:
- Filled in a Proposal form
- Pass Port Size Colour Photo
- Age proof of each family member
- Address proof
- Bank Details of Proposer
Claims Procedure in Star Super Surplus Insurance Policy:
- Call the 24-hour help-line for assistance – 1800 425 2255 / 1800 102 4477
- In case of planned hospitalization, inform 24 hours prior to admission in the hospital.
- In case of emergency hospitalization information to be given within 24 hours after hospitalization.
- Cashless facility wherever possible in network hospital
- In non-network hospitals payment must be made up-front and then reimbursement will be affected on submission of documents.
Only admnistrator owned posts can execute theshortcode. This message is shown only to administrators.
[includeme]shortcode. This message is shown only to administrators.