Star Health Gain Policy
Star Health Gain Insurance is a health insurance policy for the entire family covering medical expenses due to any sickness or injury. This policy provides coverage for OPD visits also. Star gain health policy covers both, whether a person is hospitalized due to some illness or he visits a doctor for any illness that does not require hospitalization. There is a flat premium amount irrespective of the sum insured or age of the persons or the total number persons covered in the policy. Hence, the more you include the members in the plan, the more advantageous the plan would give. Gain insurance plan is the best key to full fill the nominal bills of OPD visits. Visits for minor health problems, diagnostic tests, pre-emptive check-ups and others lead one to expensive prices, especially in bigger cities. OPD coverage helps the insured to get a claim for doctor’s consultation fees, health check-ups, pharmacy bills, dental treatment, diagnostic tests and other expenses that otherwise create financial instability.
Highlights of Star Health Gain Policy
- Covers both Individual and Family
- Cover for both in-patient and out-patient treatments
- Age between of 18 to 65 years.
- All day-care procedures are covered
- Lifetime Renewability
- Tax benefits on the premium paid as per the prevailing income tax rules
Star Health Gain Policy Plan
|18 years to 65 years
|Individual and Family Floater
|1A, 2A, 2A+1C, 2A+2C, 2A+3C, 1A+1C, 1A+2C, 1A+3C
|Sum Insured Options
|1Lac, 2Lac, 3Lac, 4Lac, and 5Lac
|Rs. 15,000, Rs. 20,000, Rs. 25,000 and Rs. 30,000
|Renewal Grace Period
Features of Star Health Gain Policy Plan:
Day Care Treatments
The plan covers the expenses towards All day-care procedures. That don’t require 24 hours of hospitalization.
Pre Hospitalization Expenses
Pre hospitalization expenses mean that the type of expenses incurred before a patient is admitted to a hospital for inpatient treatment. Pre-hospitalization covers 60 days before hospitalization.
Post Hospitalization Expenses
Post hospitalization expenses are referring to those medical expenses which we incurred for the follow up treatment for which you were hospitalized. Post-hospitalization covers 90 days after hospitalization.
OPD Expense Cover
OPD coverage helps the insured to get a claim for doctor’s consultation fees, health check-ups, etc. Cost of Treatment as Outpatient in Network hospital.
This benefit is applicable for the sum insured in the range Rs. 750 per hospitalisation and Rs. 1500 per policy year Benefits of Star.
Benefits Star Health Gain Policy Plan:
- ICU Charges are Actual
- Professional Fees including specialist’s fee – Surgeon, Anasthetist, Medical Practioner, Consultant, Specialist Fees are Actual.
- Other Medical Expenses like Anasthesia, Blood, Oxygen, OT Charges, Surgical Appliances, Medicines and Drugs, Diagnostic Materials, X-ray, Diagnostic Imaging, Dialylsis, Chemotheraphy, Radiotheraphy, Pacemaker, Stent etc are Actual
- Tax Benefits
Terms & Conditions in the Star Health Gain Policy Plan:
- Room Rent
This plan has a room-rent limit of up to 1 % of sum insured.
- Co Pay
This plan has co-pay equal to 20% applied on every claim with entry age above 60 years (if they purchase the policy after 60 years).
Waiting Period in Star Health Gain Policy Plan:
30 days waiting Period – For any disease contracted by the insured that are not applicable to hospitalisation except arising out of Accident.
24 months waiting Period – Like – Cataract, prolapse of interveretebral Disc (Non-Accidental), Vericose-Veins&Ulcers, Hernia, Fistula/Fissure, Congenital internal Disease, – For full list refer Product Broucher.
48 months waiting Period – Pre-Existing Diseases (PED) declared in Proposal, Accepted and Endorese in Policy
Permanent Exclusions in the Star Health Gain Policy Plan:
- Attempted suicide
- Use of alcohol or drug
- Congenital disease
- Infertility and in vitro fertilization.
- Filled in a Proposal form
- Pass Port Size Colour Photo
- Age proof of each family member
- Address proof
- Bank Details of Proposer
Star Health Gain Brochure
Claims Procedure in Star Health Gain Policy:
- Call the 24 hour help-line for assistance – 1800 425 2255 / 1800 102 4477
- In case of planned hospitalization, inform 24 hours prior to admission in the hospital.
- In case of emergency hospitalization information to be given within 24 hours after hospitalization.
- Cashless facility wherever possible in network hospital
- In non-network hospitals payment must be made up-front and then reimbursement will be affected on submission of documents.