Star Comprehensive Health Insurance
Star comprehensive health insurance plan means that type of health insurance that covers the induvial or entire family. Having comprehensive health insurance helps you get cashless medical treatment in a network hospital. Reimburse your hospital bills in case of non- network hospitals during the non-cashless treatment. The insurance company reimburses the amount but after an appropriate approval process. Star comprehensive health insurance plan makes sure that proper medical treatment is available to an insured person without worrying at the time of financial emergency. This insurance plan offers valuable benefits like the cover for all day-care procedures, domiciliary hospitalization, donor expenses for organ transplantation, restoration. A star comprehensive health insurance is the best family health plan. It is that the best key to full fills the heavy hospital bills at the time of hospitalization.
Highlights of Star Comprehensive Health Insurance Plan
- Star comprehensive health insurance plan offers coverage for the whole family or an individual.
- Get free health check-up up to rs.12,000 once every three years of policy coverage
- 100% automatic restoration of the sum insured
- New-born baby cover from 3 months of birth
- Coverage of normal delivery charges up to rs.25,000 (waiting period of 3 years-policy taken as a floater)
- Coverage of caesarean delivery charges up to rs.40,000 (waiting period of 3 years-policy taken as a floater)
- New-born baby cover up to rs.10,000 (when delivery charges claim is payable and congenital disorders also covered)
- New born baby covers Rs. 1000 (until the new born is 1 year old – new born added in policy on renewal)
- Domiciliary hospitalization expenses for treatment above three days.
- 405 day-care procedures are covered
- 30 days per – hospitalization expenses
- 60 days post – hospitalization expenses
- Personal accident cover you get cover of death or permanent or total disablement equal to health sum insured at no additional sum insured.
- Dental and ophthalmic treatment cover up to rs.10,000 (waiting period of 3 years-policy)
- Tax benefits on the premium paid as per the prevailing income tax rules
- 50% no claim bonus
Star Comprehensive Health Insurance Plan
|Entry Age||18 years to 65 years|
|Entry Age of – Dependent Children||3 months to 25 years|
|Policy Type||Individual and Family Floater|
|Family Size||1A, 2A, 2A+1C, 2A+2C, 2A+3C, 1A+1C, 1A+2C, 1A+3C|
|Sum Insured Options||5Lac, 7.5Lac, 10Lac, 15Lac, 20Lac & 25Lac|
|Policy Period||1 Year|
|Renewal Guarantee||Life Long|
|Renewal Grace Period||30 days|
Features of Star Comprehensive Health Insurance Plan:
- Day Care Treatments
The plan covers the expenses towards 405 day-care procedures are covered that don’t require 24 hours of hospitalization.
2 No-Claim Bonus
Depending on the sum insured you have opted, for every claim free year, you will get an additional bonus of 5 Lac SI-50% of SI for the first year and later 50% of SI and max accumulation 100% of SI Above 5Lac SI-100% of SI for the first year and later 100% of SI.
If a woman has a normal delivery you get cover according to your sum insured are 5Lac SI – 10000; 10Lac SI – 20000; 15Lac&above SI – 25000. There is waiting period of 3 years and policy taken as floater.
3. Maternity Cover (Cesarean Delivery)
If a woman has a normal delivery you get cover according to your sum insured are 5Lac SI – 10000; 10Lac SI – 20000; 15Lac&above SI – 25000. There is a waiting period of 3 years and a policy taken as a floater.
4. New Born Child Cover
When delivery charges claim is payable the expenses for new born would also get covered. This benefit is applicable for the sum insured in the range for 5Lac SI – 50000; 10Lac&above SI – 100000 depending on the sum insured value. Separate cover up to Rs. 1000 is also provided to cover expenses on vaccination.
5. Dental Coverage and Ophthalmic Treatment
This plan offers coverage for dental and ophthalmic expenses under the outpatient benefit. This benefit is applicable for the sum insured in the range for 5Lac & 7.5Lac SI – 5000; 10Lac & above SI – 10000. There is a waiting period of 3 years.
6. Pre Hospitalization Expenses
Pre hospitalization expenses mean that the type of expenses incurred before a patient is admitted to a hospital for inpatient treatment. Pre-hospitalization covers between 30 days before hospitalization.
7. Post Hospitalization Expenses
Post hospitalization expenses are referring to those medical expenses which we incurred for the follow up treatment for which you were hospitalized. Post-hospitalization covers 60 days before hospitalization.
8. Automatic Restoration Benefit
Automatic restoration of 100% according to the sum insured. This cannot be used for illness/disease for which claims made already in the current policy year and hospitalizations out of accidents.
9. Free Health Check up
This plan offers health check-up benefits at every claim free year. This benefit is applicable for the sum insured in the range for Rs. 5000 – 5Lac SI, Rs. 7500 – 7.5Lac & 10Lac SI, Rs. 12000 -15Lac, 20Lac&25Lac SI.
10. Domiciliary Hospitalization
In this you can avail treatment at home up to the base sum insured exceeding three days. There are certain terms and conditions related to the Patient that could not be moved to a hospital, non-availability of Rooms in hospital, Treatment provided at home for more than 3 days after all this condition you can be considered as hospitalization.
11. Emergency Ambulance
In this health insurance covers ambulance charges are covered. This benefit is applicable for the sum insured in the range for Rs. 2000 – 5Lac SI, Rs. 3000 – 7.5Lac SI, Rs. 3500 -10Lac SI; Rs. 4000 – 15Lac SI, Rs. 4500 – 20Lac SI; Rs. 5000 – 25Lac SI, per policy period.
12. Personal accident Cover
You get cover of death or permanent or total disablement equal to health sum insured at no additional sum insured.
Benefits of Star Comprehensive Health Insurance Plan:
- ICU Charges are Actual
- Professional Fees including specialist’s fee life- Surgeon, Anaesthetist, Medical PR actioner, Consultant, Specialist Fees are Actual.
- Other Medical Expenses like- Anaesthesia, Blood, Oxygen, OT Charges, Surgical Appliances, Medicines and Drugs, Diagnostic Materials, X-ray, Diagnostic Imaging, Dialysis, Chemotherapy, Radiotherapy, Pacemaker, Stent, etc are Actual.
- Tax Benefits
Terms & Conditions in the Star Comprehensive Health Insurance Plan:
- ROOM RENT
With this plan, one gets coverage for a single standard A/C room in case of hospitalization.
This plan has age-based co-pay equal to 10% of claimable expenses for individuals with entry age above 60 years (if they purchase the policy after 60 years).
Waiting Period in Star Comprehensive Health Insurance Plan:
- 30 days waiting Period for any hospitalization except hospitalization arising due to accidents.
- 24 months waiting Period for Diseases like Cataract, Prolapse of intervertebral Disc (Non-Accidental), Varicose-Veins &Ulcers, Hernia, Fistula/Fissure, Congenital internal Disease, etc.
- 48 months waiting Period for Pre-Existing Diseases.
Permanent Exclusions in Star Comprehensive Health Insurance Plan:
This Plan will not cover any for the treatments of following conditions-
- Intentional self-injury
- Cosmetic, aesthetic treatment
- Dental surgery
- Pregnancy, childbirth, miscarriage, and abortion
- Congenital disease
- Infertility and in vitro fertilization.
- Hospitalization out of war, riot, strike and nuclear weapons
Documents for Star Comprehensive Health Insurance Plan:
- Filled in a Proposal form
- Pass Port Size Colour Photo
- Age proof of each family member and induvial
- Address proof
- Bank Details of Proposer